St Andrew's School, The International School of The Bahamas

home
argentina
bahamas
brazil
mexico
europe
world
add school

 

 

St Andrew's School, The International School of The Bahamas

School Profile:
International, IB, US, curricula.
IGCSE, SAT, IB exams,
749 students, 2-18 yrs

Address
PO Box EE 17340, Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas
Tel: (+1242) 324 2621
Fax: (+1242) 324 0816
Svarani-Jones@st-andrews.com
www.st-andrews.com

St Andrew's School, The International School of the Bahamas, is an independent, international school, which was established in 1948. It has no religious affiliation. The school is a limited company, governed by a board of directors. The St Andrew's School Foundation serves as the not-for-profit engine of the school's fund-raising activities.

The St Andrew's School, The International School of The Bahamas is a purpose-built facility, housed in over 14 hectares of grounds. It has libraries, classrooms, specialists' rooms and sports fields of all kinds. During recent years it has added five new state-of-the-art facilities: four science laboratories; an early childhood centre; an international standard baseball field; a swimming pool complex and a new library, research and IT Centre. Its IT network is impressive and constantly updated.

The St Andrew's School, The International School of The Bahamas has high academic standards. BGCSE examinations, the American College Board tests PSAT, SAT I, SAT II and achievement tests, and the SSAT are all offered at the school. The school is an IB World School, which is authorized to teach the Primary Years Programme and the Diploma Programme of the International Baccalaureate Organization.

The St Andrew's School, The International School of The Bahamas has an experienced, qualified teaching faculty of 68. Many hold advanced degrees.

The student body is 75% Bahamian with the remaining 25% coming from a further 22 countries. Most students continue their education in either Canada or the USA. The school runs a scholarship programme for children from Bahamian government schools for the last three or four years of their schooling.

Applications for admission are handled by the school's Director of Admissions. The St Andrew's School, The International School of The Bahamas seeks to accommodate all children other than those who have serious educational difficulties, subject to its capacity at any year level.

The school year runs from September to June and comprises three terms. There is an active house system and sporting activities and competitions are held throughout the year.

St Andrew's values its national and international connections. It hosts the Junior Baseball League of Nassau, The 'Hurricanes' Swimming Programme and the St Andrew's extension of the Nova Southeastern University, under whose auspices graduate and undergraduate programmes are offered on campus.

The St Andrew's School, The International School of The Bahamas is a member of NAIS, and is accredited by CIS and NEASC.


Bahamas
Lucaya International School
Lyford Cay School
St. Andrews School
St. John's College

International Schools
Central and South America

Argentina
Bahamas
Bermuda
Bolivia
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Dutch Carribean
Ecuador
Guatamala
Honduras
Mexico
Peru
San Salvador
Venezuela


Disclaimer: The information on these pages are provided by the schools themselves. World Wide Schools takes no responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions.
If you are a representative of this school and wish to correct information, please click on http://www.english-schools.org/form.htm and submit any corrections.