Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong - Hong Kong Schools

hong kong

Hong Kong Schools
Australian International
Canadian International School in Hong Kong
Chinese International
French International
HKMA David Li Kwok Po College
Hong Lok Yuen Int'l
Hong Kong Academy
Hong Kong International School
Li Po Chun UWC
Norwegian International School
Renaissance College
Yew Chung International

International Schools
Germany Schools
Italy Schools
Spain Schools
Switzerland Schools
China Schools
India Schools
Kenya Schools
Singapore Schools
More International Schools

English Language Schools


Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong

School Summary:
International, IB, curricula.
250 students, 16-20 yrs

10 Lok Wo Sha Lane, Sai Sha Road, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
Tel: (+852) 2640 0441
Fax: (+852) 2643 4088

Li Po Chun is a purpose-built United World College situated in a semi-rural location in Hong Kong's New Territories. The college is co-educational and is fully residential, all students and academic staff living on campus. All entrants follow a two-year programme which incorporates the International Baccalaureate and all are prepared for the International Baccalaureate Diploma.

The full time residential staff of 27 teachers represent 14 different nationalities. All are graduates, over half having advanced degrees, and the average length of teaching experience is thirteen years.

Approximately 40% of the 250 students are from Hong Kong whilst the remaining 60% represent over 60 nationalities. It is expected that all will enter university after graduating from the college.

The college year commences in mid-August and closes in late May with a three-week Christmas break. As a fully residential college the daily routine covers not only timetabled classes held during the morning period but also afternoon service and activities, and evening study time. The location of the college provides special opportunity for water activities - canoeing, sailing and diving in particular, as well as marine biology projects - and for travel into China.

The school occupies a 6.5 hectare site and facilities include 15 classrooms, four purpose-built science laboratories, computer room, art, music and pottery rooms, a large library, swimming pool, hardcourts and gymnasium complex.

In order to apply, students must have completed grade 10 if following the North American pattern of education or 11 years of education in other systems. Students must be academically strong and have a wide range of interests. Application forms are available from the office of the Principal. Financial assistance is available, according to need.


Disclaimer: The information on these pages are provided by the schools themselves. World Wide Schools takes no responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions.
If you are a representative of this school and wish to correct information, please click on and submit any corrections.